25 Jul 18
After staying in The ritz carlton Mega Kuningan which we think is a best hotel to stay in Jakarta. We took a 4 days break and headed to Bali where we chose to stay 3 nights in Anantara Uluwatu Bali resort.
We booked a Ocean view suite and been double upgraded to Ocean front suite and were given late checkout till 6 pm as per GHA black benefits.
First of all the room was very big but it wasn’t on the Ocean or step away from Ocean. They should change the name and it should be called Ocean view room instead of Ocean Front room.
May be it was closer to the Ocean than other rooms. Room had a big open space overlooking sea and there were Jacuzzi which was great. Apart from that room looked bit dated.
Kindly note that you need to take lots of stairs in order to reach Ocean front rooms and is not suitable of elderly and guests with disabilities.
All other places except rooms are smaller than expected.
- Infinity pool area is smaller than expected and not interesting so we didn’t use it.
- Gym is smaller than my home gym. Luckily, I was alone working out entire time I was there.
- Breakfast is a big let down and does not meet five star standards. Staff forgets orders and there is quality issue as well.
- Staff is helpful but they do need some more training. They forgot our drink orders twice during breakfast.Room service brought wrong order to us.
- Room service brought wrong order to our room.
- Same dish were cooked differently and tasted and looked different. We ordered same dish during twice during our stay. Don’t know why and how was that.
They give complimentary photo voucher. A professional photographer takes your pictures and you can choose one picture complimentary to take home. You can pay more if you like them to print more pictures or want to have it in electronic form. We ended up buying the package because all the pictures were great.
Overall, we found this hotel bit expensive because of so many reasons.
- Room Type Stayed – Ocean Front Suite
- Hotel Star Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Room and Comfort – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Staff and Service – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Breakfast Buffet – ⭐⭐⭐ (Limited space, Quality of products and untrained staff).
- Executive Lounge – Not available
- Hotel Website – https://www.anantara.com/en/uluwatu-bali