We had a chance to stay in Intercontinental Singapore this time. Most of the hotels were full so we ended up booking Intercontinental.
Hotel is connected to the Bugis village and its location is just perfect.
We arrived at the hotel around 12.30 and been told that the check in time is 3 PM but they are trying to check if any room is available. Front staff offered an upgrade to Club floor for extra 100 SGD which was the only room available at that time as per the front desk staff.
Club room comes with breakfast, high tea and evening cocktails along with other benefits such as :
- Personalised arrival and check-in /-out at the exclusive Club InterContinental Lounge
- Access to dedicated Club InterContinental Concierge team
- Culinary indulgences including:
– A la carte breakfast from 6.30am to 10.30am
– Afternoon tea from 2.30pm to 5.00pm
– Evening cocktails and hors d’oeuvres from 6.00pm to 8.00pm
- A premium selection of coffee and loose-leaf tea throughout the day
- A private library featuring Peranakan literature and reference books
- Professional secretarial services
- Clothes pressing for two pieces of garments upon arrival
- 25% savings on all laundry services
- High-speed wi-fi throughout the hotel
- One smartphone per guestroom with unlimited 4G data and local/IDD calls to up to 20 countries during stay
- A private Club InterContinental boardroom for up to 10 guests for one hour with state-of-art audio-visual capabilities, high-speed wi-fi and a projector
- Guided two-hour heritage walking trail in the Bugis precinct (Saturdays only)
We accepted the offer and given the room right away.
The room includes a smartphone with unlimited 4G data to ensure seamless connectivity throughout the stay, along with complimentary local and international calls to 20 countries which is very helpful as well because our little girls love to use data over YouTube.
High Tea – High were serve on the table on 3 tier high tea stand along with a menu of the drinks and this is what makes it different than other five star hotels club floor high tea benefits because it looked very presentable and hot chocolate was very nice as well.
Cocktail hours – Kids and babies are not allowed during cocktail hours in lounge which is true for some hotels in Singapore but Intercontinental provides cocktails and canapés at lobby lounge for a guests who are travelling with children. We actually liked it very much because it was quite and everything is served on table.
Other hotels should learn from them because we often don’t go for cocktails because we do not want to leave baby behind or go one by one,
Breakfast – A la carte along with buffet at club lounge was good and again most of the items were served on the table which is very nice.
Quality of the products and attitude of the staff were very good and it worth getting upgrade from normal room to the club room for extra 100 SGD.
This is simply the best hotel we experienced in Singapore.
- Room Type Stayed – Intercontinental Club Deluxe Room
- Hotel Star Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Room and Comfort – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Staff and Service – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Breakfast Buffet – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Executive Lounge – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hotel Website – https://singapore.intercontinental.com