Parkroyal on Kitchener Road
We are staying in Parkroyal on Kitchener road during our recent visit to Singapore. We stayed here several times in past but this is a second time when we are staying with our baby here.
They are running a promotion to provide club benefits to their elite members and location is just perfect so it makes sense for us to stay here.
We have stayed hundreds of four and five star properties around the globe but this hotel seems to have some weird and strict rules.
- We normally have breakfast in executive lounge but the very first time we decided to go to the main restaurant and been told that no pyjamas allowed. (8am in morning).
- There is no dress code to enter into executive lounge during breakfast.
- No babies are allowed after 6pm into executive lounge (This is only hotel we have seen which enforce it strictly). Hilton Singapore welcome children all the time in lounge.
- We requested baby cot in advance while making a reservation but during check in, we been asked to call to one touch service to send a cot (They couldn’t provide baby cot last time and what if one touch service do not have one available). We got at this time but they should have placed in room as most of the hotels do.
Overall its was better stay than a previous one and it is a nice property to stay if you get club benefits and want to be near little India.
We personally feel that hotels should have some rules but they should act as per the situation and shouldn’t enforce them strictly because after all they are in hospitality business.
- Room Type Stayed – Orchid Club King Room
- Hotel Star Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Room and Comfort – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Staff and Service – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Breakfast Buffet – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Executive Lounge – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hotel Website – https://www.parkroyalhotels.com/en/hotels-resorts/singapore/kitchener.html